PRO TOOLS | S6
Build Your Own System
Pro Tools | S6
Create the Best-Sounding Mixes Faster
Experience the most intuitive, immersive mixing workflows for modern sound engineers. The revolutionary Pro Tools | S6 modular control surface leverages the best of the industry-leading ICON and System 5 product families, providing superior ergonomics and intelligent studio control.
S6 is built on proven technology, trusted by top audio professionals, so you can create the best sounding mixes possible—faster.
The video opposite takes a quick tour of the S6 console features, with Re-recording Mixer Gord Hillier talking to Supervising Sound Editor Kris Casavant…
NEW – Get an S6 Quote with Our Online S6 Builder
Build Your Own Custom S6 with our New Configurator
Select from M40 and M10 pre-configured systems or build your own custom S6. Get a PDF of your system and we will send you an accurate quote back.
Build Your Own S6
How Big, How Many Faders?
The S6 is unique in its modularity, you can build a system with as few as 8 faders or multi-operator versions that span the width of a large dubbing theater. And once you have installed S6 you can add to the system as your workflow demands more control.
As an authorized Avid reseller, AID can help choose and build the right system for your workflow, integrating the S6 with Pro Tools and 3rd party interfaces, Dolby Atmos, outboard gear and monitor solutions.
The following preconfigured S6 surfaces are available to handle most music and post workflows. You can customize any S6 by adding a Producer’s Desk, Leg Assemblies, or customize the surface further with different channel module combinations…
There are two system sizes that include different versions of the Master Touch Module (MTM). The M40 MTM can support up to 46 modules, the M10 up to 14. All other modules and functions are the same between the two systems.
M40-BASED S6 CONFIGURATIONS
- With 16 faders, 5 knobs per channel, and TFT displays (S6 M40-16-5-D) shown
- With 24 faders, 5 knobs per channel, and TFT displays (S6 M40-24-5-D)
- With 32 faders, 5 knobs per channel, and TFT displays (S6 M40-32-5-D)
- With 16 faders, 9 knobs per channel, and TFT displays (S6 M40-16-9-D)
- With 24 faders, 9 knobs per channel, and TFT displays (S6 M40-24-9-D)
- With 32 faders, 9 knobs per channel, and TFT displays (S6 M40-32-9-D)
M10-BASED S6 CONFIGURATIONS
- With 8 faders, 5 knobs per channel (S6 M10-8-5)
- With 16 faders, 5 knobs per channel (S6 M10-16-5)
- With 24 faders, 5 knobs per channel (S6 M10-24-5)
- 8 fader custom configuration starting base
- 16 fader custom configuration starting base
- 24 fader custom configuration starting base
S6 Surface Options to Personalize your Desk
- Steel Leg Assembly w/ LegFrame
- Display VESA Arm
- 2ft Wide Producer’s Desk (display not included) – you can also use the bottom area below the display to add one or two Fader Modules
- Blank Module Panel – Large (Fader Module depth) or Small (Processor/Knob Module depth)
- Sliding Keyboard Tray
- Sliding Script Tray
- Speaker Bridge Mount
The availability of blank panels in custom systems means that you can use them to add your own custom hardware controls.
These are the main S6 modules. The fader modules must sit at the bottom of the frame nearest the operator but the processor and knob modules can be placed in any order above the faders within the strip.
All modules are 11.4″ (290mm) wide, 1 ft wide with the frame separator. The producer’s table is 2 ft wide.
All preconfigured systems come with a frame that is full of modules. If you are building a custom system, 11 different size frames are available. The MTM and each fader module are 1ft wide, the producer’s Table 2 ft wide.
5 Knob Frame – Depth for fader and two additional modules (max of 5 knobs per strip). Width options…
- 2ft, 3ft, 4ft, 5ft, 6ft, 7ft, 9ft
9 Knob Frame – Depth for fader and three additional modules (max of 9 knobs per strip). Width options…
- 5ft, 6ft, 7ft, 9ft
Contact us to build your S6 system
Avid Pro Tools | S6
The Ultimate EUCON DAW Controller
S6 Customer Stories
Pro Tools | S6 for Post & Music